Looking to change the concrete under your feet to sand between your toes?
One of Australia’s most iconic coastal hotels, situated on the Great Ocean Road in Lorne is looking for a creative and passionate Sous Chef to assist the Head Chef to oversee and lead the operations of the kitchen.
- 4 days on 3 days off
- Accommodation Available
- Salary 70k – 75k
- Sponsorship Available
- Coordinate and conduct pre-shift meetings with food production staff to plan and review menu changes, specials, and any issues and advise/train accordingly.
- Coordinate and conduct pre-service meetings with floor staff to review specials, discuss menu changes, and discuss any customer service issues and advise/train accordingly.
- Review and set pars for production of all prepared goods.
- Inspect sanitation in food production areas and direct cleaning and repairs as necessary.
- Manage labour to ensure most efficient use of available line staff.
- Monitor preparation of all products to maximize usage and quality in safe and sanitary manner.
- Inspect plate presentations as they come off line to ensure consistency, quality, freshness, and correct portion size.
- Assist as necessary in monthly physical inventory process with the Kitchen Manager.
- Provide direct line training for new hires and existing line staff with on-going training to ensure safe and sanitary, correct, and efficient food handling practices.
- Assist in development, coordination, and execution of menus for special events.
- Relevant Certificate IV/Diploma and at least two years of relevant experience
Sounds like what you are after? If so, our team are ready to chat!
Please click the Apply button to submit your current CV along with a short covering letter explaining why the position appeals to you.
*Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://calibreworkforce.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=79 →